We provide Sikh educational visits to elementary schools, secondary schools, colleges, universities, senior homes, hospitals and all other educational establishments in the Greater Vancouver area.
This service has been requested by many educational establishments, due to costs of bringing students to the Gurdwara in New Westminster - although if you can bring your child to the Gurdwara, the educational experience is far greater that what we can bring to your School.
Greater Vancouver is a very multi ethnic, multi cultural and multi diverse city where
Religious Education forms a part of the curriculum. Therefore the need to understand people for all backgrounds is more greater now than it has ever been.
We feel it is very important to make sure that we are all aware of the various aspects of all different religions for us to progress and prosper best in today’s society and promote religious integration and social cohesion.
This onsite school visit, can consist of an individual class group or as a whole year group at a time.
We can provide the following to help along side the current curriculum:
- A brief introduction into the history of Sikhism and our Gurus
- The purpose of the Gurdwara (Sikh Temple)
- The Sikh way of Life
- An understanding of the Sikh Beliefs.
- Sikh Identity – How to recognise a Sikh.
- An overview of Sikh customs and religious symbols.
- An outline of the major Sikh Festivals.
- Show you how a Sikh ties his turban.
- Hymn singing and playing on the musical Sikh instrument called the Harmonium (Waja)
- A question and answer session
If you wish to organise a visit, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please supply us the following information:
- Preferred date of visit
- Full Name and Address of School (In Greater Vancouver area)
- Year Group
- Number of Students
- The outline of what is required from the above list
We look forward to helping you make the best use of the educational resources available to yourselves and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Hope to see you soon and further your knowledge of Sikhism.