Educating our community and those around is will help build our communities and with sharing of beliefs and customs, we can all contribute to building a stronger future.
We undertake educational visits to schools, senior homes, hospitals and community events.
Our current curriculum for school visits includes:
- A brief introduction into the history of Sikhism and our Gurus
- The purpose of the Gurdwara (Sikh Temple)
- The Sikh way of Life
- An understanding of the Sikh Beliefs.
- Sikh Identity – How to recognise a Sikh.
- An overview of Sikh customs and religious symbols.
- An outline of the major Sikh Festivals.
- Show you how a Sikh ties his turban.
- Hymn singing and playing on the musical Sikh instrument called the Harmonium (Waja)
- A question and answer session
If you wish to organise a visit, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
In your email, please supply us the following information:
- Preferred date of visit
- Full Name and Address of Organization (In Greater Vancouver area)
- Details of who we will be visiting
- Any other details that are pertinent to the visit
We look forward to helping you make the best use of the educational resources available to yourselves and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Hope to see you soon and further your knowledge of Sikhism.